Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"So you wanna be starting something" (courtesy MJ)

Beginning. A new beginning. Today I begin a new journey. How is it new? Is it really the beginning? What is actually beginning? If I or anyone reading this blog thought to find answers here, let this serve to clarify that misconception. This space can do no more than reflect the state of its authors. Maybe my fellow traveler will proffer some wisdom. Maybe our readers will suggest solutions. I would be grateful!

From me I predict paradox and anticipate ambiguity -- musings, favorite lines from favorite poets, snatches of partially captured moments, steps along this path with no beginning. A new journey starts with each step, with every breath.  Bismillah.

We're packed (mostly) and ready to nap before heading to the airport for our 3 am check-in. Delhi to Abu Dhabi to JFK. 'Homeward' bound. And that's another question for another day.

1 comment:

  1. "Wanna be starting something" and "Homeward Bound" ?!? Your musical references are definitely showing your age, glad to see someone's ipod is as outdated as mine. (I lie, I don't actually have an ipod, sigh.) I just kept thinking of "Leaving on a jet plane" for you, and knowing that the line "all my bags are packed" has never, ever applied to you until you are actually at the airport and handing them over to baggage.

    ReplyDelete