Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

Nearing the end of this Thanksgiving weekend, I am grateful for so much:

- For Manna's amazing kitchen and culinary skills and also that I didn't eat as much as I could have.
- For my daughters, Bita and Matata, who both came to spend our first Thanksgiving together since Bi left for college in 2003.
- For Judy and Joe who have repaired furnaces, moved equipment, and shared kids, food and music to make us all comfortable and welcome. Judy further endured hours of shopping and shlepping us all to the malls -- with her usual grace and smile.  She was grateful that we shop less now than we used to.
- For my traveling companion, Komal, and her amazing family who made our Thanksgiving so special.
- For the cold weather which makes me happy I live in India most of the time.
- For warm coats and gloves that make me happy to be here now.
- For Lori and Mimi who danced with me last night to Joe's Bruce Springsteen band, even though I danced once in stocking feet and next in my hot pink reflecting sneakers.
- For all the friends and family members who have hosted, feted and feasted us over the past 3 months and nearly 11,000 miles. I'm only now beginning to process the enormous outpouring of care, love and warmth I've been surrounded by -- that I'm still surrounded by. It's quite overwhelming.

May your holiday season be as joyful and as full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment