Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fall is

It is an interesting time capsule that I entered through the doorway of trees coloring themselves into fall. Red, orange, yellow and shades in between that were so beautiful and so intense that as I walked through this doorway and we drove all those miles and as the landscape changed I did not even notice that there were places during the drive that were not changing their greens. Until now. I am in this amazing sun room in Atlanta, Georgia, in Terry's house watching yellow leaves drip and float down to the peach and pink orange - everything has changed again. In these woods near Emory University, a mile away from seemingly everywhere, I can hear the water running as Terry does things in the kitchen and the sound of the season in full bloom.

Today we are in Atlanta, the land of Marting Luther King and Jimmy Carter. Also Gaurav - nephew, Babbu Mausi - Shani Narang's sister, Shalini Subbarao from college, Frank - Christine's son who is a new father, Shreyas - Shrikant's son. I am delighted that I am surrounded by this energy of people I know and of. I have spoken with some and will meet some. I may also miss meeting someone that I thought I would definitely meet. I may also meet someone inside me who is known and someone who I may discover, quite by chance as I gather my jacket to fold me in warmth, smiling at the wind. I feel the sun on my grey leopard print sock, and enjoy the tickling of its heat, as I feel movement in me and around me. Sitting here watching the leaves and being touched by the sense of time traveling at a slow, pleasurable, morning-walk pace I wonder at this woman - Komal - who has come all the way from Delhi, India, spent time money energy to be here and driven all these miles for something - and that something is this witnessing.

With love and gratitude,
Komal

No comments:

Post a Comment