Saturday, November 13, 2010

Inside Job

Cousin Debbie, Komal and I went to a movie tonight, the first we've seen since coming to the US. "Inside Job" is worth seeing. As the promo poster promised: "If you don't leave this movie enraged, you weren't paying attention."

Because I know that it's more productive to fight for something rather than against something, I'm all fired up right now to support strong regulation of financial markets and institutions. But I have to admit to rather strong urges to shoot some of the smug sonofaguns who clearly have no intention of behaving differently. And I'm disappointed in the academics who, for some reason, I think should act objectively instead of being bought out like everyone else.

I'm enjoying Charlotte, being with Debbie, and the gorgeous fall weather and colors. Another long walk planned for tomorrow morning, then we'll be off to Raleigh/Wake Forest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment