Friday, October 15, 2010

The Road to San Francisco

Having reached the West Coast, I ask myself: "Is this the point? To 'reach' somewhere?" Of course not. What then? A 'point reached' is as good a time as any to ask myself if I've been awake, conscious, aware every step/mile along the way. Of course not.

Another question: Have I been connecting with people, with all the reflections of myself that I meet on this journey? Doing better there. I've been moved time and again by the kindness, generosity and warmth of old friends, new friends, folks on the street and in shops, by cats and dogs and caterpillars. With small gestures and large, inviting me to smile with them, worship with them, revel in the beauty of the trees, ocean, geysers with them -- everyone seems to be inviting me into life. 

With much gratitude, I accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment